2022-2023 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic year
Complete ESSER School Funding Plans
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Weyanoke Elementary School
Felicia Usher, Principal
English Language Arts
Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in English Language Arts.
- 100% of students in grades 1-5 will demonstrate growth in the iReady Phonics domain, resulting in a at least one year change in placement level by June, 2023.
- 100% of students in grades 1-5 will demonstrate growth in the iReady Phonological Awareness domain, resulting in at least one year change in placement level by June, 2023.
- 100% of students in kindergarten will meet grade level expectations on PALS-K by June, 2023.
Provide daily, systematic, explicit instruction in phonological awareness, phonics, and morphology in the core language arts block
Ensure targeted practice opportunities for every student and additional time for those students who need more practice.
Collaborative teams will use common planning time to deepen content understanding, use data to drive instruction, and plan for alignment in instruction.
Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in Mathematics.
- 85% of students in kindergarten will achieve proficiency in forward number word sequence, backward number word sequence and number id as measured by the Spring 2023 administration of the AVMR.
- 85% of students in grades 1-2 will achieve proficiency in addition/subtraction and structuring as measured by the Spring 2023 administration of the AVMR.
- 85% of students in grades 3-5 will score at the highest level or improve 2 levels as measured by the grade level strategy ladder rubric focusing on computation and number sense.
Grade Level Teams will implement Strategy Ladders at the Tier 1 level to determine next steps for Essential Standards.
Grade level teams will build their content knowledge through high-level instructional shifts in classroom practices.
Students will explain, question, critique, and debate their mathematical thinking and reasoning and the reasoning of others.
Outcome: Ensure students feel safe, included, and supported in the school environment.
By the end of the 2022-2023 school year, our school will utilize Morning Meetings and the Zones of Regulation school-wide to teach self-management subskills increasing schoolwide scores on the SEL Screener by 10% from 38% to 48% percent favorable as reported by students in grades 3-5 and from 70% to 80% as reported by teachers in grades K-2.
Strengthen Tier 1 Evidence Based Strategies
Provide Targeted Student Support
Create trauma informed spaces throughout the school.
Portrait of a Graduate (POG)
Outcome: All students will complete a POG Presentation of Learning (POL) by 2025-26.
By the end of SY 2022-23, 100% of students K-5 will show growth as Communicators on POG self-reflections scored with the reflection on POG skill use rubric given at the beginning and end of the year.
The school will build an understanding with students, staff, and the community about why POG attributes and skills positively impact students within and beyond school.
Collaborative teams will align content knowledge and skills with POG Communicator attributes and skills.
- 70% of 5th grade students will achieve a passing score on the Spring 2023 Grade 5 Science SOL.
- 70% of 3rd grade students will achieve a 3 or 4 on the PBA rubric.
Teachers will consistently provide students with inquiry-based learning experiences during science instruction.
Teachers will consistently plan for science instruction.
Teachers will use formative and summative assessments to guide instruction.