How Families can Support Online Student Learning
- Set up Password Recovery Information for your student. By providing your email address or cell phone number, you can help your child unlock his or her account from home.
- Sign up to receive weekly News You Choose emails from Weyanoke. They are available in English or Spanish, as well as a periodic PTA newsletter. These emails will keep you informed about important information school-wide.
- Activate and use your SIS ParentVUE account. This allows you access to our grading system and online report cards (SIS) and our FCPS 24-7 Learn system where class information is kept. This page will give you information about how to activate and use your ParentVUE account.
- Make sure your contact information in wecare@school is up to date. If we need to contact you via text message or email with important or urgent information, this is where we will find your information.
- You can expect regular text message or email communications with classroom teachers using the TalkingPoints app.
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages
- To get help with technology, follow the link to parent tech support.
- Help with Weyanoke's online learning tools is here.
- Parent information phone lines.
Helpful Links for Parents
Getting to Know Fairfax County Public Schools: A Free Orientation Session for Parents
The session is facilitated by FCPS staff. It is available in English, Arabic, Korean, Spanish and Urdu.
This interactive seminar provides information about the school system, the benefits of parent engagement in children’s education, and when appropriate a cultural component to help with acculturating to the United States.
Come to a scheduled orientation or call to schedule an orientation at a time convenient for you.
Three locations - Call for days and times
Dunn Loring Center for Parent Services (in Arabic, English, Korean and Spanish) 2334 Gallows Road Dunn Loring Virginia 22027 703-204-4316 - English, Spanish 703-204-4317 - Korean 703-204-4315 - Arabic